LATIHAN SOAL HOPE KELAS IX, PERTEMUAN 1


LATIHAN SOAL
Materi             :  Hope
Kelas              : IX


Choose A, B, C, or D as your best answer!
Read the dialogue to answer the questions!
The dialogue is for questions 1 -5
Afi       : Good morning,  Brian. You  look busy.
Brian  : Good morning,  Afi.  Yeah. I am very busy now.
Afi       : Oh yeah, What make you busy.
Brian  :I want to join a virtual  speech contest.
Afi       :That’s very interesting.
Brian  :Yes, that’s right. The participants are from all over Indonesia. I have to practice    everyday seriously.
Afi       : I believe you can do your best. I know you always get the highest score on   speaking test in our class.
Brian  : I think it a hard competition.
Afi       : Yup! Well, I hope You can be the winner.  I know, you have won some speech contests before.
Brian  : Thank you very much, Wish me luck, Afi. 
Afi       : You are welcome, of course

1.    What is the dialogue about?
A.   Joining a virtual contest
B.   Attending a virtual speech contest
C.   Coming to a virtual contest
D.   Visiting a  speech contest
2.    What is the relationship between Afi and Brian?
A.   They are friends
B.   They are family
C.   They are relative
D.   They are class mate
3.     “… you have won some speech contests before .” From this sentence we can infer that …
A.   Brian has followed some speech contests
B.   Brian hasn’t won every speech contest he followed
C.   Afi  has won some speech contests
D.   Afi  will join a speech contest
4.    What will Brian do after talking with Afi?
A.   He will be accompanied by Afi to practice
B.   He will make a video of a speech contest
C.   He will prepare himself to practice for the speech contest
D.   He aks Afi to joint the speech contes
5.    The “contest” has the same meaning as
A.    Champion
B.   Victory
C.   Designer
D.   Competition
Nazla : Goodmorning ilham.
Ilham : Morning Nazla.
Nazla: You look very happy,buddy.
Ilham: I am. Let me tell you something.
Nazla: What’s that? Come on Ilham.Sit down
            please.What’s going on?
Ilham: My mom has delivered a baby boy.
Nazla : Are you serious?
Ilham: Of course.Today, my mom and my little
            brother are going home.
Nazla: I’m very happy to hear that. I hope your
           brother will be healthy and be a great son. 
           Congratulations Ilham. Send my regards to
           your mom. I ‘ll visit them soon.
     Ilham: Thanks so much Nazla.      
6.    What is Nazla’s purpose at the end of the dialog?
A.  To ask what is going on
B.  To express her happiness
C.  To say that she is pleased with the happy news and pray
D.  To express her attention to Ilham

7.    Why does Ilham thank Nazla ?
A.  She is going to visit the newborn babby
B.  She has expressed her pleased and wish
C.  She is being attentive and nice friend
D.  She has greeted Ilham that morning

8.    From the text we learn that Nazla will …
A.  Send her regards to ilham’s mother
B.  Go to see Ilham mother
C.  Come to meet the newborn baby and mom
D.  Go to hospital with Ilham today

9.     “ I’ll visit them soon”. The underlined word refers to …
A.  Ilham and Nazla
B.  Ilham and the newborn baby
C.  Ilham and mom
D.  The newborn baby and mom

10. What makes Ilham looks very happy?
A.   He had a new baby
B.   He had a new brother
C.   His mother has recovered from an illness
D.   His mother gave him a baby

Be Honest!

Comments